Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Taraji P Henson's Box Braids Were Out of the Box on The Tonight Show.

During her 14th appearance on The Tonight Show, our beloved Taraji P Henson rocked an intricate assortment of box braids during her internet with Jimmy Fallon. She made a funny mention about how how " Black women need a warning before wetting their hair".  On the show, she spent a considerable amount of time on her first love, which is hair. 

Photo: Allure

Watch the full Interview here

Her ultra-affordable hairline, TPHbyTaraji, created by her during the COVID 19 Pandemic, is focused on one thing and one thing only: healthy hair.   Before winning the Golden Globe or before we came to love her in roles such as Cookie Lyon in Empire, Katherine Jonson in Hidden Figures and Shut in Hustle & Flow  Taraji has always had a love for hair. 



According to Allure magazine, the actor stated,"I was in a salon every week getting a different hairstyle. I understood hair, and I started doing my own at a really young age. I got my first Marcel curling iron and a hot stove when I was in ninth grade. I remember getting my hair done without my mother’s permission; up until then, she was doing my hair in the kitchen. But I went off one day and got it all chopped off."

She has always had a love for hair.  In college, she would do wet sets for $20. That was what she called " her little side hustle". Once she began the acting business, she started wearing weaves in order to protect her hair, but she didn't really like them at first. "I'd heard so many horror stories about people losing their edges and the wear and tear [weaves put] on their hair. When I had to wear my hair straight for movies, it became stressful to keep straightening and putting heat on it to match whatever scene I was in. So I started weaving my hair.

Wearing a multicolored checkered dress, she promoted her new StagePlay, Jaja's African Hair Braiding on stage at the Samuel J Friedman Theater in New York. While her dress was unique, so were here below the waist box braids. She wore them with a braided side bang and a full ponytail.  Her look was stunning and fun. She was a total braided beauty. 



Braids are always a hit. They are classy and elegant. They are the go-to for the red carpet, the beach, the boardroom and so many places in between.  When looking for the best place to get these and other braid styles done.  Take a look around the web pages and do a deep dive into the stylist you are considering when getting these types of braided styles. Strands of Beauty provides box braids and other protective styles to help you on your hair journey.  



No comments:

Post a Comment