Welcome to The Braider's Journal™: Building the World's Most Trusted Resource for Professional Braiders
"Every braid tells a story. Every braider leaves a legacy."
Welcome to The Braider's Journal™.
If you've found your way here, chances are you're looking for more than another hairstyle tutorial. Maybe you're searching for a new technique, trying to grow your business, exploring the history of braiding, or dreaming of turning your passion into a profession.
Whatever brought you here, I'm glad you're here.
I'm Ethena Profit, professionally known as The Tree Braid Boss™, and I've been teaching and installing Tree Braids since 2006. Over the years, I've trained aspiring braiders, worked with clients from many backgrounds, built businesses around braiding in Atlanta, Orlando, Charlotte, Columbia SC, Washington DC. Las Vegas, Phoenix, Los Angeles and traveled to West Africa to deepen my understanding of the traditions and communities that have shaped this beautiful art form.
One thing became clear to me: our profession deserves a true educational home.
There are countless social media posts, short videos, and hairstyle trends online, but much of that information disappears as quickly as it arrives. Professional braiders deserve something more lasting—a place where knowledge is organized, history is respected, techniques are preserved, and careers are built.
That's why I created The Braider's Journal™.
More Than a Beauty Blog
The Braider's Journal™ is not simply a beauty blog.
It is an educational library created to serve professional braiders around the world.
Here you'll find articles about:
Tree Braids and protective styling
Braiding techniques and best practices
Hair care and product education
The history and cultural significance of braiding
Building a successful braiding business
Professional certification and continuing education
Entrepreneurship and leadership
Braiding traditions from Africa and across the diaspora
Whether you're a beginner or an experienced stylist, my goal is to provide reliable, practical information that helps you grow with confidence.
Learning Beyond the Chair
Some of the most meaningful lessons in my career have come from stepping outside the salon.
My travels through Ghana and my work and relationships in The Gambia have given me opportunities to observe braiding traditions, meet talented professionals, and better appreciate the cultural roots of our craft. Those experiences continue to shape how I teach, how I learn, and how I think about the future of braiding.
As this journal grows, I'll share those experiences where they add value—not simply as travel stories, but as lessons about craftsmanship, culture, entrepreneurship, and the people who keep these traditions alive.
Preserving the Legacy of Tree Braids™
Tree Braids have been a defining part of my professional journey.
For decades, I've watched techniques evolve, trends come and go, and misinformation spread. One of my personal missions is to help preserve the artistry, professionalism, and integrity of REAL Tree Braids™ through education.
This journal is one way I'm working to ensure that future generations of braiders have access to trusted, well-organized knowledge.
A Global Community
The future of braiding is bigger than any one salon or city.
Through I Do Braids Academy™, The Tree Braid Network™, and Strands of Beauty™, my vision is to connect professional braiders across the United States, Africa, and eventually the world.
Our mission is ambitious:
To empower and certify 10,000 professional braiders worldwide through education, certification, community, and opportunity while preserving the artistry and cultural legacy of braiding.
Every article we publish moves us one step closer to that goal.
Join the Journey
Whether you're here to master Tree Braids, improve your skills, grow your business, or reconnect with the rich history of braiding, I invite you to become part of this community.
Explore the articles, continue learning, and share your own journey along the way.
Because together, we're doing more than creating beautiful hairstyles.
We're preserving a legacy, building careers, and shaping the future of professional braiding.
Welcome to The Braider's Journal™.
The journey is just beginning.
Continue Your Journey
Ready to take the next step?
Join I Do Braids Academy™ to learn professional Tree Braid techniques and earn certification.
Become part of The Tree Braid Network™ to connect with braiders, opportunities, and a growing professional community.
Explore Strands of Beauty™ Hair for products developed with professional braiders in mind.
Thank you for being here. I can't wait to build this global community with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment